This short, 15-minute video will provide you with a brief overview of:
- the kidney transplant waiting list problem
- benefits of living kidney transplant
- ways to donate a kidney
- costs, safety, and benefits of living kidney donation
- tests to determine the donor’s health
- what to expect with surgery
- follow up after donation
Maybe you would like to know if you are healthy enough to be a living kidney donor.
For help, go to Kidney Donor Conversations at www.MyKDC.org.
Video resources are available upon request.
Receive Living Kidney Transplant/Donor Updates HERE
Would you like more information about Living Kidney Donation, email us at info@MyKDC.org
Glenna Frey, APRN-CNS, is a nephrology nurse who donated her kidney in April 2017 to a stranger.
Amanda Frey, M.A., LMFT, LPC, is a Marriage & Family Therapist living with kidney disease.
Together, they co-founded Kidney Donor Conversations in 2018 to provide education about Living Kidney Donation.